Skip to main content
Hudson Star Observer
Immigrants' Day at St. Patrick School
CALENDAR: What activities are going on this week?
WisDOT puts the brakes on construction for holiday travel
UPDATE: Inmate apprehended in Minneapolis after prison van taken over
Complaint: Meth, scale among items seized in raid
crime and courts
Where the buffalo roam
Tuesday, May 23 Raider roundup
UWRF Page golf outing June 19
Hudson girls regional track champs
Hudson sweeps BRC track titles
Community collaboration colors Hudson
The Busby brothers of River Falls
A cure for procrastination: Surgeon combines diverse background in decision-making framework
Health briefs: Biking for health in New Richmond; blood donation opportunities
EMS invites community in during EMS Week
arts and entertainment
AD FOR BIDS: Colfax Health and Rehab Center - Memory Care Facility
CITY OF HUDSON: 6/20/17 JRB Meeting & Hearing re: TID No. 5
CITY OF HUDSON: 6/19/17 Hearing - Proposed Zoning Code Amendments
AMENDED SUMMONS: NYCB v. Thomas E. Tesmar III, et al.; Case No. 17-CV-158
VILLAGE OF NORTH HUDSON: 2017-18 Liquor License Renewals
Sandra Storrs Begin, 64
Ronald D. "Bud" Iverson
Sandra Begin, 64
Patricia Jo Larsen, 62
Willetta Breault, 83
Editorial: Honor WWII vets as nation salutes WWI
Viewpoint: Hope that does not fade away
Letters to the Editor: Trump presidency is history repeating; Thanks for Hudson teachers
Editorial: Senate, help those suffering from mental illness
Harsdorf Column: Building drug abuse prevention alternatives
Real Estate Showcase
Buy Our Photos
March 18, 2013
Pre-dawn fire destroys riverside home near Houlton
Some 70 firefighters from six departments spent several hours early Sunday fighting a house fire in an isolated neighborhood overlooking the...
March 18, 2013 - 1:43pm
January 10, 2013
Recruits needed for Hudson fire explorers
Hudson Fire Department's Explorer program is currently recruiting new members. The explorer program is open to individuals aged 15 to 18, interested...
January 10, 2013 - 9:13am
January 9, 2013
RANDY'S RAMBLINGS: Hudson firefighters deserve the community's gratitude
On New Year's Eve morning, Jim Frye and his wife, Lori, were planning to get out of town early to pay their son Daniel a visit in Rice Lake. Instead, the chief of the Hudson Fire Department spent the next few hours directing the response to a fire in a townhouse building on Hunter...
January 9, 2013 - 4:45pm
December 31, 2012
UPDATE: Fire damages Hunter Hill townhouse complex on New Year's Eve
A fire the morning of New Year's Eve has displaced the residents of two townhouses in the city of Hudson. Firefighters were dispatched to the...
December 31, 2012 - 10:19am
December 15, 2012
State briefs: Walker says victims, families should be focus in wake of Connecticut killings
MADISON -- Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker called the Connecticut school shooting a tragedy that, "takes your breath away". His comments came during a ceremony Friday honoring state utility workers who went to the Northeast to help make repairs in the aftermath of Superstorm Sandy. Walker...
December 15, 2012 - 9:15am
December 13, 2012
Only minor damage in small roof fire at Pier 500
A small, smoldering fire on the roof of the Pier 500 restaurant, 500 First St., Wednesday night forced the closure of Walnut Street between First and Second streets for more than 30 minutes. The fire was in an area of the roof where work had been done during the day. The restaurant...
December 13, 2012 - 9:34am
October 10, 2012
Second UW-Eau Claire student dies from burns suffered in apartment fire
A second UW-Eau Claire student has died from serious burns suffered in an apartment fire on Monday. Jacob Clarkson, 21, died Tuesday, Oct. 9, at the Hennepin County Medical Center in Minneapolis. One of his roommates, 21-year-old Ross Livermore, was found dead at the scene of the...
October 10, 2012 - 4:03pm
October 8, 2012
House fire victim identified
The St. Croix County Sheriff's department has identified the victim in a rural Somerset house fire late Friday. Thomas H. Cook, 70, was found dead in his house at 2107 County Rd. I. A deputy was dispatched at 11:59 p.m., Oct. 5. A Somerset fire crew was on hand and the structure...
October 8, 2012 - 9:55am
September 28, 2012
Letter- Appreciated assistancev
Dear Editor, On Aug. 18 at 9:45 p.m., lightning struck our home and that of Steve Conroy, located in Stonepine, on Hunter Hill Road. Our neighbor Sharon Tepper called 911 and came to alert us when she noticed smoke above the garage. She then got Steve out of his home. The police...
September 28, 2012 - 8:00am
August 29, 2012
Hudson fire chief declares ban on outdoor burning
Hudson Fire Chief Jim Frye has ordered a ban on outdoor burning for three municipalities served by the Hudson Fire Department - the towns of Hudson and Troy, and the village of North Hudson. Outdoor burning is always prohibited in the city of Hudson, except for recreational fires...
August 29, 2012 - 4:48pm
August 20, 2012
Two Hudson homes damaged by fire after lightning strike
Lightning is being blamed for a Saturday night fire that badly damaged two homes in Hudson. Firefighters were called to a four-unit townhouse...
August 20, 2012 - 9:13am
August 13, 2012
Faulty bathroom fan suspected of starting house fire
A faulty bathroom fan is the suspected cause of a fire Monday evening at the Jim and Connie Root residence in the city of Hudson. The Hudson...
August 13, 2012 - 8:24pm
July 17, 2012
Emergency gas leak drill
On Tuesday July 17, at about 8:30 a.m. a.m. crews from Xcel Energy and the Hudson police EMS and fire departments responsed to a simulated gas leak at 1327 Frear St. The drill is planned to last about 2 hours. Xcel and the city will practice their policies and procedures in the event...
July 17, 2012 - 8:15am
July 5, 2012
Minor fire cause smoke damage in Hudson early Thursday
A minor fire at 3:24 a.m. Thursday caused smoke damage in an apartment building at 627 13th St. So. In Hudson. The call involved the Hudson Fire Department and St. Croix EMS with assistance from the Lower St. Croix Valley Fire Department, the town of St. Joseph Fire Department and...
July 5, 2012 - 9:15am
June 12, 2012
Tuesday morning fire causes smoke damage to North Hudson duplex
The Hudson Fire Department was called to a house fire in North Hudson at about 12:45 am. Tuesday morning. Little damage was done, but the portion of the duplex at 518 8th St. No. was filled with smoke. Hudson Fire Chief Jim Frye said the fire started near a clothes dryer in the basement....
June 12, 2012 - 10:52am