CITY OF HUDSON
RESOLUTION # 04-18
FINAL RESOLUTION AUTHORIZING 2018 STREET
IMPROVEMENTS PROJECT SPECIAL ASSESSMENTS FOR HANLEY ROAD (FROM CARMICHAEL ROAD TO HERITAGE BOULEVARD)
WHEREAS, the Common Council of the City of Hudson, Wisconsin held a duly noticed public hearing at the City Hall at 7:00 p.m. on the 26th day of February, 2018 for the purpose of hearing all interested persons concerning the Preliminary Resolution and the report of the Public Works Department on the proposed public improvements consisting of the replacement of bituminous, curb and gutter and pedestrian ramps and repairs to driveways on parcels adjacent to Hanley Road from Carmichael Road to Heritage Boulevard.
WHEREAS, the Common Council heard all persons who desired to speak concerning this project at the Public Hearing;
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, the Common Council of the City of Hudson determines as follows:
1. The report of the Public Works Department pertaining to the 2018 Street Improvements Project, including the plans and specifications and assessments set forth therein, is hereby adopted and approved.
2. That the City shall advertise for bids and carry out the improvements in accordance with the report, and the plans and specifications therein.
3. That the payment for said improvements shall be made by assessments against the property benefited, as indicated in the report.
4. That the properties shown on the reports assessment roll are benefited by the improvements described in the report.
5. That all of the assessments shown in the report represent an exercise of the City's police power and have been determined on a reasonable basis and are hereby confirmed.
6. Assessments will be billed upon substantial completion of the project. Assessments of $500 or less shall be due within 45 days of billing date. Assessments greater than $500 may be paid when billed or in installments according to the following schedule:
$501 to $1,000. . . . . . . . . 2 years
$1,001 to $2,500 . . . . . . 3 years
$2,501 to $5,000 . . . . . . 5 years
$5,001 or greater . . . . . . 10 years
Unpaid assessments and installment payments shall be placed on the next tax roll after the due date for payment and shall bear interest at the rate of two percent (2%) above the cost of city-borrowed funds.
7. The City Clerk shall publish this resolution as a Class 1 notice in the assessment district and shall mail a copy of this resolution and a statement of the final assessment against the benefited property to every property owner whose name appears on the assessment roll whose post office address is known, or can with, reasonable diligence, be ascertained.
Dated this 26th day of February 2018.
/s/ Rich O'Connor, Mayor
Attest: /s/ Jennifer Zeiler, City Clerk
__________________________________ (Pub. 03/08/18) WNAXLP