St. Croix County
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
REPEAL AND REENACTMENT OF CHAPTER 30 PARKS ORDINANCE
St. Croix County will hold a public hearing on a revised Chapter 30 Parks Ordinance on Thursday, April 18, 2019 at 5:00 PM, in the County Board Room at the St. Croix County Government Center, 1101 Carmichael Road, Hudson. Verbal, email or written comments are welcome.
The Parks Ordinance governs the conduct of visitors to County Parks, Forests and Recreation Areas, guides recreational uses on park properties, provides protection for the resource, and provides guidance for county staff on property operations and management. The proposed Chapter 30 revisions include:
1. Changes to be more consistent with the Wisconsin State Park System and other area parks.
2. Updated rules with respect to changes in technology.
3. Additional detail to provide better guidance and clarity.
4. Clearer guidance regarding hunting and trapping. The revised ordinance creates a season structure that provides unique hunting opportunities while balancing other recreational demands and the safety of our visitors and neighbors and keeps the county in compliance with state stewardship rules.
5. Provides guidance for future recreational opportunities.
Background Information and a Revised Parks Ordinance are available on the County website at https://www.sccwi.gov/333/Parks. Public Hearing comments may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org until the end of the hearing on April 18, 2019.
_______________________________ (Pub. 04/11/19, 04/18/19) WNAXLP