Village of North Hudson
Regular Board of Trustees Meeting
Tuesday, May 7, 2019 at 7:00 P.M.
Village Hall, 400 7th Street North
Hudson, WI 54016
1. President Stan Wekkin called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. Invocation read by Wekkin. Answering the call were Trustees Head, Leaf, Matz, Nelson, Pike, and Zais. A quorum was present and the meeting had been duly noticed. Also in attendance were the Police Chief, Mark Richert; Village Attorney, Paul Mahler; Village Engineer, Kevin Oium; Public Works Director, Patrick Moos and Deputy Clerk/ Treasurer, Jessica Lehman.
2. Motion (Pike/Leaf) to approve the Special Board minutes of March 18, 2019, Regular Board minutes of March 26, 2019 and the Re-Org minutes of April 16, 2019. Motion carried.
3. No one was present from the public.
4. Motion (Leaf/Nelson) to authorize traffic restriction on Webster St. N. from Lemon St. N. to Helen St. N. AND Helen St. N. from Webster St. N. to Monroe St. N. AND Monroe St. N. from Helen St. N. to Lemon St. N. for the North Hudson Elementary School Fun Run on Wednesday, May 29, 2019 from 2:45 pm to 3:30 pm with an alternate rain date of Wednesday, June 5, 2019 from 2:45 pm to 3:30 pm. Motion carried.
5. Remarks from Wekkin.
6.a. Plan Commission update by Mahler.
b. Motion (Pike/Leaf) to approve the application from Thomas and Terese Mitchell to create a 2 lot minor subdivision at 1292 Krattley Ln N. with the following conditions: 1) Parkland dedication fees of $1000 shall be paid prior to the Village signing of the C.S.M. Other applicable fees will be due at the time of building permit application. 2) Individual lot grading and drainage plans shall be provided at the time of building permit application to confirm that adjacent property owners are not impacted by storm water runoff. 3) Individual lot erosion control plan shall be provided at time of building permit application to prevent sediment transfer onto adjacent property and Village streets during building construction. 4) Lot 3 will be required to hook-up to municipal sanitary sewer and water main at time of building construction. 5) Remove signature block of Village Treasurer from the second page of the C.S.M. 6) Provide a copy of the final recorded C.S.M. to the Village. Motion carried.
7. Motion (Nelson/Leaf) to approve the May 2019 non-recurring claims of $31,737.52. Motion passed on a roll call vote of 7-0. Leaf-yes, Head-yes, Matz-yes, Wekkin-yes, Pike-yes, Nelson-yes, Zais-yes.
8.a. Public Works update by Pike.
b. Motion (Pike/Nelson) to approve that PSI do soil borings as part of the Highway 35 project, with a cost not to exceed $5100. Motion passed on a roll call vote of 7-0. Zais-yes, Nelson-yes, Pike-yes, Wekkin-yes, Matz-yes, Head-yes, Leaf-yes.
c. Motion (Wekkin/Leaf) to approve Option 2 from Ayres Associates for the STH 35 staging at Lake Mallalieu Bridge. Motion carried 5-2 with Nelson and Pike voting no.
9. Public Safety did not meet.
10. Public Welfare did not meet.
11. Park Board update by Nelson.
12. a. Motion (Nelson/Leaf) to convene into closed session pursuant to 19.85(1)(e) to deliberate or negotiate the purchase of public properties, the investing of public funds, or conducting other specified public business, whenever competitive or bargaining reasons require a closed session, with respect to water and sewer ad hoc committee updates and possibly combining all water and sewer system components with the City of Hudson. Motion carried.
b. The Board convened into closed session at 7:40 pm.
13.a. Motion (Nelson/Leaf) to reconvene into open session. Motion carried.
b. The Board reconvened into open session at 8:07 pm.
c. The Village will pursue the hiring of Paul Kent with Stafford Rosenbaum, LLP.
14. Wekkin declared the meeting adjourned at 8:08 p.m.
Jessica Lehman, Deputy Clerk/Treasurer
Resolutions, ordinances, and full minutes are available for review at the Village Hall, 400 -7th Street N. Please visit the Village website -www.northhudsonvillage.org.
_____________________________________ (Pub. 06/13/19) WNAXLP