School closings for Thursday Jan. 31, 2019
Last updated 11:01 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 30, 2019
The following area schools have announced closings for Thursday, Jan. 31, 2019, due to the cold:
- Red Wing Public Schools - Kids Junction will be open at Sunnyside during its regular hours. Varsity and Junior Varsity sports will be contacted by their coaches regarding practices and games, but all other activities are cancelled.
- District 833
- Ellsworth - There will be no PKC.
- District 196 (Rosemount) - Evening high school and Community Education classes will be held, except ECFE and ABE.
- Farmington Area Public Schools - ISD 192 buildings will open at 10 a.m. on Thursday, January 31st. The Boeckman Middle School 5th Grade Parent Night will continue as planned.
- Spring Valley
- River Falls
- Goodhue - Thursday will be a GOLD day. All evening activities will continue.
- Cannon Falls - Cannon KIDS will be open but there is no field house access.
- Pine Island
- Lake City - This will be a Flexible Learning Days for students. Tiger Time will be open from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Plum City
- Hudson will start two hours late; There will be no morning early childhood or 4K programming. School Age Care will be one hour delayed. Afternoon 4K classes will be held as regularly scheduled.
- Prescott will start two hours late; no morning kindergarten.
- Kenyon Wanamingo will start two hours late.
The National Weather Service issued a wind chil warning for the region through 9 a.m. Thursday. Temperatures are expected to dip as low as 35 degrees below zero, with 50 degrees below zero wind chill.