Dr. Jeff Lynch.JPG

Dr. Jeff Lynch is a pediatric doctor at Associated Eye Care. He said it is beneficial to parents to take their children to frequent checkups. Sam Fristed/Star-Observer.

The importance of children's eye care remains high Dr. Jeff Lynch of Associated Eye Care said. 

Lynch said the importance of frequent checkups for children is important for maintaining proper eyecare.

“All children should do a screen, usually there are done at school,” Lynch said. “If anything on the screen gets flagged they should see an eye doctor.”

Lynch is a pediatric doctor who works with anyone under the age of 18. He occasionally works with adults but most of his work involves eye care for children,

“90% of the time I work with pediatrics but the other 10% I work with adults,” he said. 

Lynch said common things to look for during checkups are lazy eyes and misalignments. He said a majority of his surgeries correct misalignments.

Other duties for Lynch include measuring glasses for children. His three main duties include routine, medical and surgical eye care for children.

Lynch said parents of children should be aware of family history inolving eye care. He added parents should not neglect checkups for their children.

“If we catch something early it has less of a chance of being detrimental later in adolescence,” he said.

Having proper eye care allows children to enjoy activities such as playing sports, Lynch said. It also reduces the risk of having other developmental vision issues.

Associated Eye Care is part of the Star Observer’s Preferred Business Sponsor program.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Thank you for taking part in our commenting section. We want this platform to be a safe and inclusive community where you can freely share ideas and opinions. Comments that are racist, hateful, sexist or attack others won’t be allowed. Just keep it clean. Do these things or you could be banned:

• Don’t name-call and attack other commenters. If you’d be in hot water for saying it in public, then don’t say it here.

• Don’t spam us.

• Don’t attack our journalists.

Let’s make this a platform that is educational, enjoyable and insightful.

Email questions to jjohnson@orourkemediagroup.com.

Share your opinion

Avatar

Join the conversation

Recommended for you